- Top 5 Credit Card Processing ISO Programs
- How much can you make selling Merchant Services?
- Best Cash Discount Program for Agents and ISOs
- Why North American Bancard's Agent ISO Program is #1
- Picking The Best Merchant Services Agent Program
- How to Start a Credit Card Processing Business
- Understanding Merchant Residual Income: How it Works
- Using Urgency When Selling Merchant Accounts
- Top Contract Red Flags: Guide to Agent and ISO Agreements
- From the Brokers Side: Making Money Selling Merchant Cash Advance
- Flat Rate Credit Card Processing | Benefits and Drawbacks
- Becoming a Successful Credit Card Processing Agent or ISO
- How to Become an ISO for Merchant Services
Wednesday, December 16 2020
There are lots of reasons why building a merchant services business can be extremely lucrative, not the least of which is the fact that you can build a lasting asset (your residuals), which you can then sell. In fact, I spoke to someone in the industry today, and he was telling me all about his plan when he leaves the business and how he's planning to sell his residuals. What that conversation made me realize, though, is that lots of people underestimate the power of those residuals. The best thing you can do with this income is to use it as capital.
To be able to sell your business in the long-run, you need to make sure that you start the business the right way in the first place. There are some major things you're going to have to take into consideration so that your company is able to grow:
1) Own your portfolio's residuals. Maybe this seems very transparently obvious to you; after all, what's the point if you don't own your source of income? However, it's not uncommon that sales agents will lose their entire portfolio simply because they did not read the agreement that they made with their processor closely enough. You should always consider what might happen if you just decide to stop selling; if the answer is that you will lose your hard-earned residuals, then choose another partner.
2) Be able to sell your residuals. If you can't sell something, do you really own it, then? Sometimes processors will require you to have to consider an offer from them before selling to an outsider, and that's fine, but just make sure you are free to choose.
3) Find out if you can borrow cash against your residuals. A large ISO that isn't operating as a middle man should be able to lend you money. If they can't, this is a problem. Usually, you're going to want to exhaust several options before a buyout, and this includes borrowing.
So let's assume you have all of these issues squared away and are the proud owner of a growing portfolio of accounts. Now you can start to use that asset to raise some capital!
Before you do anything else, though, take a look at these general guidelines that will help you get a better picture of what is going on when the selling occurs:
Do you qualify? Don't bother trying to pump any cash from your portfolio before you have at least two dozen accounts or so. Make sure that your accounts are making at least $1000 every month as well. You will be hard pressed to find anyone who would want to buy residuals less than this.
Performing a buyout: When you perform an 100% upfront buyout, you'll get about 12 to 20 times the monthly worth of the accounts that you're selling. This is a rough estimate, but adjust your expectations accordingly.
Performing an earn-out: Basically, this is the same as a buyout, except you get less upfront. Some of the money is upfront, and the rest is sent to you in increments with the stipulation that your accounts don't get canceled and that they continue brining in a certain amount of money. This will yield you more than a buyout in the long run—about 20 to 24 times your monthly income.
Performing a secure buyout: Let's say you have a significantly-sized portfolio and you only want to sell some of your residuals. You can sell some of those accounts, and then use your others as collateral essentially to guarantee against any cancellations. This means less risk for the processor, so they are usually willing to pay more.
Getting a loan: Maybe you just need to borrow some liquid cash and use your residuals as a guarantee. Most ISOs can do this for you. Usually, you can borrow anywhere from a few months to up to a year's worth of residuals. The terms will vary depending on your merchant services ISO program. Since of course your ISO will be interested in minimizing risk, just show that you are using the funds to grow, and you'll have a better chance at getting the deal you want. Your ISO will also usually offer better terms than outside lenders.
Did this article help you learn more about how to turn your portfolio into a machine that pumps out capital? Do you have a portfolio that you're looking to use right now for these sorts of purposes? Contact us and we'll show you the way.
Saturday, 03 April 2021
Merchant services sales training is important to help you learn the ropes about payment processing business and become a successful merchant services
Thursday, 11 June 2020
Start a career in the merchant services sales industry. Start selling merchant accounts and credit card processing services and POS equipment.
Tuesday, 26 May 2020
Welcome to the largest site to find merchant services careers and credit card processing careers. Get into merchant services sales and credit card pro
Tuesday, 29 September 2020
Become a merchant cash advance agent and start selling merchant cash advance. Join the best merchant cash advance business opportunity.
Sunday, 24 May 2020
As part of our Merchant Services Sales Partner Program our Credit Card Processing Agents can Sell Merchant Accounts. Join our Sales Partner Programs
Thursday, 13 May 2021
Looking for the best Merchant Account Affiliate Program. Find the top Credit Card Processing Affiliate Programs with North American Bancard.
Monday, 29 June 2020
Build lifelong relationships with our Cash Discount Agent Program. Agents and ISOs looking for the best cash discount program to sell to merchants.
Tuesday, 09 June 2020
Become a Cash Discount Program ISO with North American Bancard. Sell Cash Discounting to merchants and offer a cash discount reward program.
Thursday, 09 July 2020
Selling merchant accounts as a successful credit card processing sales agent is easy with North American Bancard Agent Program. Sell merchant services
Tuesday, 19 May 2020
Learn the truth about merchant services and credit card processing sales and how you can become a merchant account sales representative.
Thursday, 18 February 2021
Become a merchant services consultant, merchant account consulting, credit card processing consulting, merchant services consulting, credit card proce
Thursday, 01 April 2021
Selling Merchant Account and Selling Credit Card Processing is one of the most lucrative sales jobs. Become a Merchant Services Sales Agent.
Tuesday, 16 February 2021
Start selling merchant accounts from home and selling credit card processing from home. Become a merchant account salesperson.
Saturday, 23 May 2020
Topics include high risk merchant processors, high risk credit card processors, high risk merchant services, high risk merchant accounts and more
Monday, 17 May 2021
North American Bancard Agent Program, North American Bancard ISO Program, Merchant Services Agent Program, Credit Card Processing Agent Program
Saturday, 03 April 2021
Become a merchant services agent, merchant account reseller, selling merchant services, merchant account portfolio buyout, Sell merchant account portf
Thursday, 01 April 2021
Become a payment processor with North American Bancard ISO Program. Payment processing agents or credit card processor ISOs has huge commissions
Friday, 02 April 2021
White-Label Payment Service Providers and how products like white label payment gateways, mobile payment processing, build your own ISO brand.
Thursday, 28 January 2021
merchant portfolios for sale, merchant services residual buyout, merchant account portfolio buyout, merchant portfolio valuation, merchant portfolio a
Sunday, 18 April 2021
learn more about how to become a payment facilitator, join NAB and become the best payment facilitator company. Partner up with a payment facilitator,
Sunday, 02 May 2021
Become a merchant services provider and offer credit card processing, merchant services and other payment processing services to merchant that want to
Tuesday, 29 September 2020
- Merchant Services Careers
- Merchant Services Partner Program
- Merchant Account Reseller Program
- Selling Merchant Cash Advance
- High Risk Merchant Account Services
- Merchant Account Application
- Merchant Account for Collection Agency
- CBD Merchant Account
- Merchant Accounts for Bad Credit
- Merchant Cash Advance Brokers
- Merchant Services Sales Training
- Automotive Merchant Accounts
- Merchant Account Affiliate Program
- Cash Discount Agent Program
- Merchant Services Sales Representative
- Become a Merchant Services Broker
- Bail Bonds Merchant Account
- Bitcoin Merchant Account
- Selling Merchant Services
- Merchant Services Sales Jobs
- Gambling Merchant Account